Hydraulic Dock Leveller
The Tieman Dock Leveller by Safetech is Australian designed and the most widely used Dock Leveller in Australia.
Why choose the Safetech Dock Leveller?
- The only Australian designed dock leveller built tough to suit Australian conditions
- Designed to AS3990, AS3000 and ANSI MH-30.9-2007.
- Extensive load bearing cycle testing conducted to prove design longevity.
- Design confirmed through the latest computer generated finite element analysis.
- Deck features narrowly spaced support beams (max 200mm) for superior structural integrity.
- High tensile reinforced anti-slip steel checker plate load lip offers added strength and the smoothest transition between chamfered lip edge and trailer floor.
The Australian market leader for more than 40 years
Used and proven by all major Australian retailers, transport and logistics companies.
Constant improvements have been made to keep our dock levellers ahead of the rest. These include:
- Upgrading the mechanical operating system to hydraulic/electric.
- Reversing the operation of the deck cylinder to minimise wear on the rear welds.
- Various safety mechanisms including the improved one man operation maintenance prop, velocity fuse system and low voltage controls to prevent electric shock.
Patented Intrinsically Safe Maintenance Prop
Base Frame designed for ease of pit cleaning
3Independent Load Lip
Independent Enclosed Hinged Load Lip
With single-button operation options
424V AC Low Voltage Controls
24V AC Low Voltage Controls
5Hydraulic Power Unit
Hydraulic Power Unit located under deck towards front
6High Vis side gaurds
High Visibility Powder Coated Telescopic Full Range Side Guards
- Designed to AS4100, AS0418/8 and AMSI MH-30-2007.
- Extensive load bearing cycle testing to prove design longevity.
- Simple and proven geometry. Designed to accommodate truck beds canted up to 100mm.
Maintenance Prop – Intrinsically safe
- Engaged and disengaged by a single person from the upper deck without needing to reach under the Dock Leveller.
- Stays in place if the deck is accidentally impacted.
- Provides a lockout facility with visual confirmation.
- Securely supports both the deck and lip for safe servicing.
- Reduced servicing costs (only need 1 person to service). Most other designs require servicing by 2 persons.
- Reduces technician fatigue by bringing all components within arms reach.
- Allows ease of access for maintenance, cleaning or repair.
- Removal of unnecessary cabling and other components.
- No need to enter the often dirty, unsanitary, confined space for simple servicing and periodical inspection.
- Long lasting high impact protection for docks and trucks.
- Superior low friction contact surface .
- Revolutionary design with shock absorbing backing material.
- Lighweight, can be easily retrofitted to existing docks.
- Specification: 250W x 460H x 100D Weight: 9.0 kg each.
- Constant pressure button. This prevents accidental injury to personnel or damage to surrounding objects.
- Small enclosure (70W x 70L x 50D) mounted on wall giving more room for other services on an often crowded internal dock wall.
- Low voltage control minimises the risk of electrical shock and ease of interlocking with all types of dock door systems.
To engage the Dock Leveller
• Push and hold the button • Release the button
– Deck raises – Deck lowers onto the truck bed with the Load Lip extended.
– The Load Lip will then fold out
Loading and Unloading
Once engaged, loading and unloading can occur.
Dock Leveller deck will float up and down with the truck.
Hydraulic Dock Leveller Capacity
To assess the required capacity, all Safetech Dock Levellers have a rated static capacity, which is measured when the Dock Leveller is stowed.
Safetech Dock Levellers are market leaders in their safe operating dynamic load capacities, which is approximately 65% of the rated static capacity.
These measurements assume that any forklift or loader does not exceed 5km/hr and the operating grade does not exceed 10%.
For conditions which exceed these standards, please contact Safetech for your individual requirements.